Wednesday 7 December 2011

Art of Life.

When it comes down to that much repeated question of 'what is art?' I usually refer to my own philosophy on Life, Death and everything that exists between.  For as much that art represents as a medium for individual creative expression of one's observation of the world surrounding us and within us, it presents also a practical metaphor for living as it does creating.

Art after all, is not something we should wish to see neatly cataloged in the ever extensive list of labels and definition that compound and complicate the social consensus of identity and individual relationship within the Universe.  It is something that is free from this, a freedom that we can all tap into should we truly wish to realize it, rather than the boxed in conceptualization that plague so many of us.  I suppose this may illuminate why so many within the creative vein may seem a little 'different' to others, for we are not constrained solely by social convention.  Such represents a freedom dreamed of by the majority yet realized by those who understand the internal drive to take it and express it rather than simply sit by and hope someone hands it to us.

Yes, I am an artist and I am free; simply because I deem myself to be.  This is my God-given right, and something I will not relent, for to do so would undermine the primary fundamentals of my life, my Art.

Art:  The active application of self expression upon the blank canvas that is my life.  Mine to do with as I Wilt, a personal journey that as much combines all those intermingling aspects that make up this somewhat chaotic and abstracted psyche of mine.  Upon this canvas I put it all, my philosophy, my spirituality, interests, observations, hopes, dreams, fantasies and the multitude of quirky ideas that either endear or repel those who deign to take a peek.  Sometimes I'll draw on it, at others I'll paint or sculpt; no matter the chosen medium of the moment the artists palette is limitless, from pigment to words and musical notes that aid in the expounding upon this simplistic of concepts into a cornucopia of the beauty of human expression.

deHoleweia.  2011

No comments:

Post a Comment